I love lipsticks. I love every products that are created to enhance the shape or colour of my lips. That is a fact. I want every single one, including the well-loved-and-sought Kylie Jenner's Lip Kit. I don't mind fall into the mainstream when it comes to any good lip products, but I think I've had enough. I've had enough of the liquid lipstick trend.
i hate my chubby fingers i really do
You would be lying if you didn't notice the constant releases of new liquid lipsticks from every single make up brand possible. I was first exposed with the liquid form of color pigments from NYX and its lip matte product. Then Limecrime hits social media and become the ultimate lip product essential for the cool girls -until controversies strike. Then there's Colourpop with its wallet-friendly range and a variety of colors. And to the latest (and definitely not last), Kylie Jenner's Lip Kit.
While I do enjoy the many choices of colours and the long-lasting formula liquid lipstick offers, I still much prefer tubed lipstick for several reasons:
- It's slightly smaller in size than liquid lipstick. Always comes in handy.
- It's damn easy to use. No wand, applicator whatsoever.
- Sometimes it's not as pigmented, which can be a good thing. I actually like sheer lipstick; I can put it on multiple times and layer it as much as I want and it still won't look overdone. My favourites include Lipstick Queen's Saint Rose and Nars' Dolce Vita.
- And also because of its sheerness, I can apply it elsewhere other than my lips. My latest experiment was to dab Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Rose (no longer available) on my cheek for a more refreshed, awake look. One day when I feel adventurous, I will wear it on my eyelids :P
- However, there are also hella pigmented lipsticks (Nars' Audacious Lipstick in every freaking colour). And while it isn't sheer, I can still achieve a minimal look by simply dabbing it lightly on my lips, which I don't think can be achieved with liquid lipsticks... but if you have tried it and succeeded and have been doing that since forever, props to you! And teach me how!
DOn't get me wrong, I still like liquid lipsticks. I'm just kindly reminding all you lipstick enthusiasts to not abandon your good ole tubed lipstick -because every lipstick deserve the same love at all times!